The purpose of the Texas Unity Grant Fund is to assist minority and women owned small businesses, specific to retail products and services, forced to close or halt business operations due to recent manmade (e.g. vandalism, etc.) or non-COVID19 related natural disaster. The immediate focus of the Fund is the restoration of small businesses impacted by fire, property damage, theft, and other types of vandalism and business disruption.
The Fund will provide monetary resources to eligible minority and women owned businesses for the restoration of damaged retail storefront, business relocation, replacement and/or repair of damaged equipment and inventory, and assistance with other items related to rebuilding the business after the destruction of business property.
Grants up to $25,000 to assist small business recover from disaster
- Small business in the retail and restaurant industries
- 51% or more women or minority owned business
- $1 million or less in gross annual revenue
- Texas based business
- Losses incurred due to disasters after May 22, 2020
Verification Documents Required:
- 2019 Business Tax Returns; we will accept 2018 if 2019 not available. Sole proprietors please submit the Tax Return your business filed 1099, Schedule C, or K1;
- Bank Statements or deposit transactions proving losses due to closure of damages;
- Business Registration: Either a DBA or Secretary of State;
- Business Location Verification Document;
- Current Valid ID;
- Business Expenses and Plan of Action to reopen/strengthen business post disaster;
- 51% Business Ownership Documentation
Applications will be accepted from Thursday, July 9, 2020 to Friday, July 24, 2020
Applications will be reviewed and approved based on need and funds available
Awards will be announced the second week of August
Join our movement! Your contribution to the Texas Unity Grant program can make a significant impact on a small business owner, their employees and community. Donate online now by clicking on the link below or mail a check to LiftFund, 2007 W. Martin St, San Antonio Texas 78207 and include Texas Unity Grant on the memo section. For wire instructions, please email communications@LiftFund.com.